Wednesday 22 January 2014

My Hot 10 of 2013

Arctic Monkeys- Do I Wanna Know

My Number One track from last year. I just love this tune... "it gets me going!" Cant wait for when they tour Oz mid year.




Arcade Fire- Reflector

They were unbelievable at the BDO. The moment that Bowie arrives in this track is amazing.




Vance Joy - Riptide

Been on this song for a while, its made it to commercial radio and even TV ads but I still love it. Best Aussie song of the year.





 Lorde- Royals

Now this song has been punished on radio, television and almost everywhere you go! Lorde has been the best new artist in the world this year. with quality other song Tennis Court and Team, I still have a soft spot for songs that make an artist get the attention of people. Royal definitely got our attention.



Violent Soho- Covered in Chrome

My rock song of the year. These Brissie boys are killing it. With a national tour plus Falls and BDO festivals, they are riding the wave of success and it looks like international success is on the way.




Jay Z- F*ckwithmeyouknowigotit

My favourite hip hop song of the year.(ASAP Rocky is unlucky) Lyrically not breaking boundaries here and if you get offend by bad language best not listen. But this song just "gets me going!". With the help of Rick Ross this is a killer track.





Foals- My Number

A song from very early last year I put this one in the memory bank. My favourite gig from last year, The Foals cemented themselves as one of my most loved bands. Such a fun tune and a regular when I DJ.



Rüfüs-Desert Night

Rüfüs produced one of my top 5 albums last year and Desert Night was the first track from it. The boys are killing it on the festival circuit drawing huge crowds. Keep your eyes and ears on these guys. The future is bright.







The Preatures- This is how I feel?

What a fun tune. The Preatures are a band I'd love to tour with. Isabella Manfredi is an amazing front woman, the whole band just oozes cool.






 Kite String Tangle- Given a Chance

Another local talent from Brisbane. Just an amazing and uplifting tune. On songs to debut with this is one of very high quality. Cant wait for more stuff from Kite String Tangle.





Happy Listening on Australia Day to Triple J's Hottest 100. Be interesting to see where my votes come in, if at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment